Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thursday February 3rd

It was Thursday night, I was out at Target and of course my phone is about to die. I turn it off as I shopped, and turned it back on to find my phone going crazy with missed calls and texts. Bad sign.

My uncle Kevin had collapsed in Devils Lake while playing on his dart league. He is a jokester so most people thought he was kidding. By the grace of God, local police and others life savers (as we call them) were there and started doing CPR. He was ambulanced to the DL hospital where he had flat lined several times. In all, he was gone for 30 minutes but after his 6th electric shock, he had a faint pulse. He was air lifted to Minot Hospital (Minot was the only hospital that had a heart staff available..which was a blessing). Kevin's family was on the way, and my dad and uncle Doug and his son Kyle were in the ICU waiting room all night. I stayed home with the kids since Rich was in Virginia staying his Dad after Peepa's death that previous Saturday. Our Wolf family set up camp in the ICU waiting room and enjoyed each others company and did lots of praying.

Words can't describe what I saw in the ICU room. Donna was there with me and we had a wonderful and deep talk about life. I love her so much, she is stronger than she knows.

To make a very very long and emotionally exhausting story short....he spent a total of 20 days in the hospital when they thought he didn't have a chance at all. He is proof that prayers are answered and he has astounded all of the medical staff. He still is working on writing and a few other movements...but for the most part...he is still our same Uncle Kevin. We Love You so much Kevin!!!!

Visit www.caringbridge.com kevinwolf50 for a complete explanation and progress report.

No comments:

Post a Comment