Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Remembering Peepa

After a quick battle with cancer, Ernest Edgar Barlow (82) passed away on January 29, 2011. Rich had just been in Virginia 2 weeks prior to help take care of Peepa while Dan was on a business trip. We were lucky enough to spend time with him last summer in Virginia. Peepa was a man set in his ways..loved to cook feasts for anyone with an appetite..took up hobbies such as puzzles, model trains, grandfather clock making, and most recently model aviation..listened to patriotic music that would put any passenger to sleep if you rode with him!...He was an Army man and everything Patriotic. He always had a pantry full of food almost resembling a grocery store...He always had at least 2 of everything! "Don't want to run out if I want it that day!". He had a schedule that went around his weekly commisary shopping and would always update us on what the prices were down there. I would talk with him during the day, since we were both home. I always looked forward to those calls. He always had a new recipe to share, or some new kitchen gadget I should try out. He loved the great grandkids and saw first hand how much work 4 of them could be. He had a big heart and would openly give hugs to anyone with outspread arms. He made me feel welcome into a family when I was "Rich's Gal" as he used to call me. (not married yet) He was the 1st man to show me what a real grandfather can be like. I will forever miss Peepa. We love you so much! I know you are hugging Uncle David and dancing with Mama in Heaven.

In Honor of Peepa, the day after he passed away I made a big breakfast Peepa Style. It was a wonderful time for our family to be together to remember Peepa. We will later be going to Tennessee to bury his ashes next to Mama *Virginia Barlow*
 



At the Polynesian Center in Hawaii 2005
 

My Favorite Picture. Dan and Aydan and Peepa
 


Ernest Edgar Barlow
July 5, 1928 - January 29, 2011
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment