Monday, June 21, 2010
Alyse's Spring Soccer Season
Alyse loved soccer. She loved the interaction, she loved the running, she loved her team. What she and the rest of us didn't love......the WEATHER!! Soccer is a no mess around sport. The only time they cancel games is if lightning is present. But rain or shine...and by rain I mean DOWNPOURING, they will still have games. I thought they would for sure call the game off when it started to rain, but in sync...all the other parents opened their umbrellas and battled the rain. We were huddled under our blanket that we were sitting on. And remind you this is North Dakota...one game could be in the 70's, and the next could be in the 30's with snow. It was brutal. But now we know to never do spring soccer again. I will be a soccer mom again this fall and winter. And by winter I mean indoors. We aren't THAT crazy to keep playing in the snow! That is what sledding is for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment